Sunday, June 26, 2016

June 20, 2016

SOOOO i dont know really, here i am in Mexico just you know, preaching the Gospel this week hasn't been a complete crazy experience. EXCEPT for when we were at a members house and she wanted us to give her a blessing so i automatically assumed my companion would do it. He did the first part and then he wanted me to give the blessing. I pretty much lost my mind and forgot all spanish and told him i dont know the right words in spanish to start it and so he pulls out his mission manual and reads the words and then closes it and puts it in his pocket. All of what he had said when in both my ears and then quickly backout. i told him i couldn't memorize that that fast so he just told me to do it in english haha. I decided i would do it in english, and so i did at first but the blessing part i went for it in spanish so the lady could understand what was going on. All in all it was a caught off guard kind of experience but hey all is well all is well. 

I also gloriously found out mtn dew actually does exist is Mexico, one of elder sanders friends sent him some from guadalupe, i will have to figure how to communicate with the amigo de elder sanders and get some myself. The mission is still really awesome and my spanish is actually improving and so is my understanding i understand quite a bit now which is just really the gift of tongues. today we studied together as a zone and played soccer after. Ive been really missing Lacrosse here in Mexico and whenever i tell people thats my favorite sport they look at me like i just spoke english hahaha but seriously nobody knows what that is here in Mexico. Oh well i guess they are missing out. It also rained pretty hard today but we were at the food during the crazy rain so we aren't soaked. The streets are filled with water and sewage because of overflow and the sewers here just dont like to contain sewage which is really strange. I just wanted to let all who read this know that here in Mexico they actually speak spanish. Really strange concept to grasp i know but they actually dont speak english, mindblowing really. haha but all in all its still going great we have two more weeks and then we will be in my companions last transfer which is sad but all good im excited for him. Love you all and if you have any just really good jokes you have to tell someone im all ears. Love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment